BRUXELLES. Part de Fondateur. blue, orange. #25000. No 3775. Heavily damaged right border (badly cut, some paper missing incl the lower right corner). Several edge-tears, repaired. Yet, this is a pretty and rare share, showing coat of arms of different European countries and the Congo Free State. Also two scenes of harvesting sugar. The company was founded in 1899 by Eugène Fichefet. He brought 10.000 hectares of land in the company, land that he had got from the CDF Vicinaux du Mayumbe where he was on the board of directors. The company cultivated sugar, rubber, coffee and tobacco in the Congo and had also interests in a couple of other companies (Zuccheria Nazionale in Italy, Sucreries de Saint-Jean à Puerto Rico, and in Cuba and Sumatra). Merged with ComptoirPeemans in 1931, a colonial trust company. Bankrupt one year later.
Thema's: COLONIES, FOOD, REAL ESTATE, SUGAR
BELGIAN CONGO, BELGIUM
Startprijs: € 50