MOSCOW. Share of 500 rbls. blue, black. No 2745. A little folding and coupon sheet taped back on the share with old-style tape. Underprint of winged wheel. Text in Russian only. Founded by Robert F.K. Köhler, a German immigrant who founded a pharmacy trading company as early as 1862. In 1864, he opened the first production plant in Russia for the production of ethyl alcohol. He opened several pharmacy shops all over Russia. In 1893, his business was transformed into a joint-stock company, as evidenced through the issue of this share. The main factory, producing pharmaceutical products, was located in Moscow and counted a workforce of 400 people by 1912. After the revolution, the company was nationalized. It still exists today, as a privatized firm, under the name of "Mos-chim-pharm-preparaty" and is currently the largest pharmaceutical company in the country. Extremely rare.
Startprice: € 500