ST-PETERSBOURG. Cert. Provisoire 5 Actions de 125 Rbls, specimen. blue, black. Repaired edge-splits and one larger tear (also repaired). Large format, with text in Russian and French. Company founded 1895 with a capital of 3,5 million roubles. It is the oldest certificate of one of Russia's biggest locomotive factories. The founders were the French brothers Stephan and Philippe Bouche who had received the order from the Russian State Railroads to deliver 480 locomotives. These were to be built in Russian by this company. While the management was seated in St. Petersburg, the factory itself was built in Charkov and became operational in 1897. By 1908, the company employed 2200 people and had a turnover of 4,5 million roubles. Between 1900 and 1917, 15% of all Russian locomotives were built by this company: 2300 locos. Its major competitors were "Kolomna", "Brjansk", "Sormovo", "Putilov" and "Hartmann". The company still exists today as Charkov Works for Transport Manchienes V.A. Mayschev. Only piece known to us.
Themes: METAL & ENGINEERING
Startprice: € 500