OHIO. AKRON/AMSTERDAM. 10 Gewone Aandelen, specimen. red, black. Goodyear was founded in Akron in 1898 by Frank & Charles Sieberling, who named the company after Charles Goodyear, the discoverer of vulcanized rubber. By 1916 it had become the largest tyre manufacturer in the U.S., a position it still holds. Goodyear has its own retail shops, and sells under other names through petrol stations. It also owns rubber plantations, as well as synthetic rubber factories. The company produces goods other than tyres - chemicals, industrial rubber products, flooring, etc. A Dutch depository receipt for 10 shares. Logo of the company.
Date: 21 July 1969
Startprice: € 30