Letter of Credit. black. Issued by the Banco di San Giacomo in 1804. In the 13th century a group of knights in Naples established the church of San Giacomo, on today's Piazza Municipio, and later a 'pio monte' charity. In 1575 the 'pio monte' became a bank. Now part of the Banco di Napoli. Arms of the bank, including the cockle-shell of St. James. In the very florid hand-writing style we associate with these bonds.
Date: 2 September 1804
Startprice: € 50