DARLINGTON. Share of £50. black. No 917. Formed 1837 to extend the Stockton & Darlington line from Bishop Auckland to Frosterley (20 miles) with a branch line to Crook. The branch lien was opened in 1842 and served a local colliery. Became part of the Wear Valley Railway in 1847 who 11 years later became part of the Stockton & Darlington Railway.
Date: 8 July 1844
Startprice: € 100