CHEMNITZ. Stammaktie über 1200 Mark. brown, blue. No 266813-14. In 1837 August Götze and Richard Hartmann founded Götze & Hartmann to manufacture machines of various types (e.g. spinning machines). From 1848 steam locomatives were built and from the 1850s onwards also turbines and mill equipment. The main source of revenue however, were steam locomotives. In 1870 the company was transformed into the Sächsische Maschinenfabrik AG. The company expanded further and a subsidiary in Russia (Lugansk) was founded. In the early 20th century, the company also produced guns, ammunition and artillery equipment. Financial difficulties arose in the 1920s and by 1929 the firm focused entirely on the manufacture of textile machines. Mergers and restructurations followed in the next decades and production finally stopped in 1998. Very pretty share with a large vignette of the factory buildings and border with two figures.
Themes: ARMS & MILITARY, METAL & ENGINEERING
Date: 6 July 1923
Startprice: € 700