PENNSYLVANIA. WEST PHILADELPHIA. 6% Certificate of Loan of $500. black. No 173. Trimmed borders. Tiny hole in the lower right corner. Coat of arms of the State and vignette of a lady working in her garden. The borough was created in 1844, incorporating the villages of Hamilton and Mantua and their surrounding area. The borough became a district in 1853. Incorporated into the City of Philadelphia in 1854.
Themes: BANKS & FINANCE, CITY & STATE BONDS
Date: 1 August 1853
Startprice: € 50