BERLIN. NEW YORK. 7% S.S. Fund Gold Bond of $1000, specimen. orange, black. Folds and two small edge-splits. ABNCo specimen. Vignette of 'Germania' with male and female industrial workers. The loan was raised jointly by Siemens & Halske and its subsidiary Siemens-Schuckertwerke. Werner Siemens and Georg Halske established their construction workshop in Berlin in 1847. Siemens was the entrepreneur, and Halske the skilled mechanic. Their early work was mostly on the dial telegraph, for the various railway companies. Telegraph equipment was the mainstay of the firm until the 1870s, when the development of power current machinery offered new opportunities. Electric lighting and the telephone were also readily accepted by Siemens for future business. The later years of the 19th century saw Siemens concentrating on electric power generators, tramways and telephones and lighting. The joint-stock company Siemens & Halske was formed in 1897. Premises in the Berlin were rapidly expanded to handle the increasingly wide range of activities of the company, and 'Siemensstadt' came into being, as well as factories in many other parts of the world. Schuckert & Co. was formed in Nürnberg in 1893, and supplied electrical equipment and construction for railways. It also built 300 electricity works. In 1903 it was acquired by Siemens & Halske, and changed its name, and in 1926 was amalgamated with the parent company, although keeping its quotation on the Berlin bourse.
Date: 1 January 1925
Startprice: € 200