MOSCOW. Share of 500 Rbls. Serie 2. blue, black. No 1488. Several faint stains at the lower half of the certificate. Large allegorical underprint of a wheel with wings. Founded 1893/4 as a limited company. However, its origin goes back to the 1860s when Roman Romanovitch, a German immigrant, founded a trading business in pharmaceutical products to supply pharmacies. Also started to produce its own medicine, e.g. tannin (the first to do so in Russia). Built a whole network of pharmacies, also in big factories, on major railroad lines, etc. The company had its own chain of pharma shops, a soap and perfume factor, glassworks, photographical firm and - of course - a major chemical/pharmaceutical production facility in Moscow. By 1914, the company employed 700 workers and realised a turnover of 2 million roubles. Renamed 'Pharmafactory No.12' by the communists. Today known as the 'Moschim-pharm-prepatary, N.A. Semoschko, Russia's biggest pharmaceutical company. Approx. 5 pieces known since many years.
Startprice: € 1200