Our Oct. 21 auction in the Brussels Hilton hotel turned out to be a great success. Many collectors, including several newcomers and an increased participation via live internet, were able to obtain some very rare certificates for their collections.
We will discuss the results of the auction here next week. Yet, the result list is already online (see menu on the left) and the after sale period (for yet unsold pieces) has started.
Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Our next auction will take place on Saturday 21 October in the Brussels Hitlon Grand Place Hotel. The catalogues are now online...
Catalogues? Yes, as we will not only auction a superb variety of worldwide historic shares & bonds, but also the biggest collection of Belgian Banknotes ever offered...
NEW INFO regarding. the banknote auction: due to the many positive reactions, the consigner has agreed to drop the "conditional clause". This means that every lot will simply be assigned to the highest bidder, without further impediments.
Our scripophily catalogue counts 1348 lots and is surely one of the best we have ever been able to assemble. You'll find many previously unseen certificates in all price categories, a strong section of 18th century shares and several top collections. Most importantly we offer a top collection of the.Ottoman Empire/Turkish Rep.: 231 pieces at €19.500 start.
There are also many individual highlight pieces (see menu on the left for a complete overview: 'auction top pieces'). Here are a dozen ad random examples:
- lot 27: Shanghai Cricket Club debenture, start: €7000
- lot 136 : Union Minière du Haut-Katanga, start: €8000
- lot 159 : Suez Canal, previously unreported profit share, start €1200
- lot 296 : French Compagnie des Indes share, start €10.000
- lot 331 : Soc. Gén. de Crédit Mobilier signed Emile Péreire, start €4600
- lot 444: Marcel Duchamp designed Roulette de Monte Carlo replica, start €3800
- lot 525: Iron Bridge Trust share, 1777 - iconic symbol of the first Industrial Revolution, start €28.000
- lot 621 : Nederlandsche Handelmaatschappij, share 1850 (VOC successor), start €1400
- lot 662 : Fabrica de Faiancas das Caldas da Rainha, 5 shares type!, start €2000
- lot 738 : USSR labor saving fund specimen certificate, 1927, start €1400
- lot 774 : Warsaw-Vienna Railway founder's share, 1839, start €7500
- lot 940 : Real Co. de la Habana, Cuba's oldest share (1791), start €1800
Furthermore, we feel most privileged to offer, in a separate catalogue, the finest collection of Belgian banknotes ever auctioned anywhere. This part of the auction will take place on Saturday evening (starting 18h). This collection includes several scarce, even some unique and previously unreported banknotes from the 19th century as well as many rare and scarce notes in UNC condition. With the many subvarieties, the catalogue (also available as download, see menu on the left) is certainly worth a careful read.
If you are not sure whether you are on our mailing list for receiving a printed version of the auction catalogue, now is the time to email us for a free copy: firstname.lastname@example.org
On Sunday 22 October, we will, as usual, organize Europe's biggest scripophliy bourse. This also in the Hilton Grand Place Hotel, Brussels.
For more practical information, see below and the menu on the left.
- live internet bidding: register before Thursday 19 October 22pm. Registration at the bottom left menu (red button)
- absentee bidding: send us your bids by email, post, fax (best ask us to confirm reception of your fax by email or phone!) or by using this website (register on the top left menu) before Friday 20 October 22 pm.
- arrange phone bidding: contact us before Thursday 19 October 22pm.
- attend the auction live on October 21l: doors open at 9am for registration and lot viewing, the auction starts at 10am. The lots will be offered one by one until approx. 17h30. The collection of Belgian banknotes will be auctioned from 18h onwards.
- Sunday 22 Oct. : International Bourse with doors opening to the public at 10am, and closing at 17h. Free entree! Contact us now if you wish to book a table (€50/Meter, as long as space is available)
An important note to bidders wishing to bid online through the Invaluable platform (red button): a 5% surcharge will be billed on the hammerprice to compensate the fee Invaluable charges us. This applies to both the live as absentee bidding on Invaluable. Alternatively, you can - at no exra charge - submit your absentee bids on this website (top of menu on the left), or by contacting us directly.
The auction sales commission is 17% (+ VAT where applicable). However, the lucky buyer of Lot BE1 - the entire banknote collection - will only be charged 10% (+ VAT if applicable). Start price for the collection is 160.000 EUR. If nobody buys the entire collection, we will offer the banknotes in separate lots (BE1 to BE341).
Don't hesitate to contact us if you want more details about anyhing concerning this auction.
Mario Boone - The Scripophily Center